Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I'm a little excited...

So, I started packing last night for my vacation. Is there such a thing as premature packing? If so, I have it. Not only that, I have done every load of laundry in my house (always an impressive feat) so I have the very best selection to take with me.

I know. It's sad.

But I'm a little excited about the vacation. RR is having doubts, however. Not only does he have to spend a week with my family (my idea of fun, but not necessarily his), we also have to participate in the Hay Family tennis tournament.

RR is a fairly athletic guy... if it involves being on the water or uneven ground. Which makes him fabulous for coast living and anything to do with being out in nature. However, you put him on flat ground and it's a tragedy. He can't stay upright. Seriously.

Involve a racket and a little, yellow ball you have to hit over a net and I'll be lucky to escape without any major limbs broken. Or my nose...

In his defense, he does have size 15 feet and it's like wearing flippers around. Try it. It's not easy to get around. But his finger-like toes have amazing gripping power when it comes to steep mountainsides. I'm convinced that in a previous life he was a mountain goat...

So.

Our only chance of beating any of the other couples is if they are rendered helpless by the sheer comedic value on the other side of the net. To further that, we plan on wearing matching socks and headbands. I was going to bedazzle both, but I have run out of time. Dang...

Hopefully we will get some video of us playing. It'll be worthy fodder for many years to come, I'm sure...

2 comments:

  1. oh you so need to set up a recorder to capture all the up coming comedy...
    @-}-- L

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try. The challenge will be for whoever is holding the recorder. I'm afraid they will be laughing so hard that you won't be able to see what's going on...

    ReplyDelete