Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Back in the swing and things I forgot, Part II...

I realize I forgot a few things in the last post. Namely, on Saturday night we went bowling. And I mean everyone went bowling. I think we had about 50 people there. It was crazy. And I wish I had pictures. But alas, I don't. What can I say? I suck.

Also, on Sunday night it was the rehearsal dinner. Painless for Rebel and myself as we were not involved in the wedding. A long day of practice for those in the wedding (you'll understand why in a moment).

So. Moving on...

It's Monday. The day of BooBoo and Graham's wedding. Oh happy day. But before the wedding (which was at 5pm) we met up with the Parental's and some of the Aunts and Uncles and did a drive about. We stopped at a lookout. And then we all tried to find parking to hike down to Emerald Bay. The other 2 cars were unsuccessful. Rebel and I, however, managed to park the bug in a very tiny spot. Take that, succas... and then we hiked down into Emerald Bay. The hike down was easy and only a couple of miles. Plus it was straight down a steep hill. The hike back up took 4 hours and was somewhere in the neighborhood of 42 miles... I'm sure of it.

At the lookout...


Flip Flop and I look a lot alike...

Looking down on Emerald Bay

There is a castle there. Some famous silent film actor built it...

Kayaking to the island...

Hiking up to the little castle (called the Tea House) at the top...







The Tea House...

Check out those views!!




The beach at Emerald Bay...

On the 42 mile hike back up, I used the guise of photo taking to take many breaks...






All in all, Emerald Bay was stunning. I really enjoyed seeing all the sights. We then went on down the road a bit and hiked around Eagle Falls. It was very pretty, as well.

 The falls...



The little stream that feeds the falls...

Trying to get both Rebel and the falls in the pic.
Not so successful...

We spent so much time hiking around Emerald Bay and Eagle Falls that we barely had enough time (well, for me anyway) to get ready. Then it was off to the wedding.

The wedding was a crazy affair and I want to do it justice. So I'll post about it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment