Friday, February 12, 2010

Holy crap... what a week!!

 OK... there are some weeks where the amount of hours you are putting into a project feels like you are giving birth. Seriously. Either that, or you feel like you have been fried... sunnyside up.

Now, having never actually given birth but being cursed every month with debilitating cramps, I feel like I can still comment on the pain and suffering the "cursed project" (from now on known as CP) caused me this past week.

It was labor intensive. A 20 page, full color tab that I was still getting info on yesterday. Oh, and did I mention it was due to the printer yesterday? Yeah, it was. Holy crap!

I seriously was in the zone, though.... cranking out pages and content like I was some possessed person, trying hard not to look like a chicken running around with it's head cut off.

And after 55 hours in 4 days, I got that #**&^%&$^*&#%^#@@ thing done.

And given the time constraint, it actually turned out... beautiful. My boss had tears in her eyes when she saw the final proof. I guess that is what makes it all worth while.

That, and the boss bought me dinner last night... and after the week I was having I gladly accepted.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! What a woman. It is nice to be appreciated when you give it your all.

    ReplyDelete