Monday, February 15, 2010

I need a recharge...

Last weekend was tough. Followed by a week that was even more tough. I am burnt out...

And already this week is proving to be a challenge as well.

The ad reps at the paper have deadlines. They are to have all the ads to be built for the next paper in to me by Friday at 11am. The reason for this is because on Mondays I do not have the time to be creating ads. Small changes, yes. Ads from scratch, no. I have classifieds to pull together and get to the printer and that takes the majority of my day.

So, it really irks me when the reps dump 15 to 20 ads on me at 4:30 in the afternoon on a Monday and then waltz out the door while I have to put in another 3 to 4 hours. OK... it more than irks me. It really pisses me off.

Don't get me wrong... I love my job. However, I don't live to work. I work to live... and these kind of hours really start to drag me down. I am in desperate need of a recharge.

I kind of got one on Sunday when I took my mudball (aka Flash) out for a ride. We found some excellent trails that I'm looking forward to exploring. And soon I hope to take him down for a ride on the beach... which is something I've always wanted to do.

I just need to recharge...

No comments:

Post a Comment