Thursday, February 18, 2010

Now this is the life...

I decided, since I had so many hours in already this week, to take the afternoon off yesterday and take my mudball (aka Flash) out for a ride. It was beautiful here on the coast yesterday... topping out around 60ยบ. Perfect for a ride...

I was hoping to take him down to the beach, but I haven't quite found the access points here yet. You can't be within city limits and be on the beach with your horse or it's a huge fine (like $500)... but I did hear about a place a little ways up the coast where you can park and ride. However, I haven't had a chance to check it out yet I decided to not risk having truck, trailer and horse in tow as I was trying to figure out where to go. I will do a reconnaissance run today and scope it out for next time.

So I decided to go up the road and onto the logging roads again. Flash was super excited to be out again. His ears were forward and there was a distinct bounce in his step. We explored some pretty interesting trails and roads. At one point there was a slight error in course selection and we ended up sliding down this very steep trail and then hiking back out of this huge ravine on the other side. I decided since we had already been up and down quite a few hills that I would get off and walk this one. Holy crap am I out of shape. We were both huffing and puffing by the time we got to the top. But we were having a great time...


And these are the days where I think, now this is the life...

No comments:

Post a Comment