Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Vegas, baby... Part I

Vegas was awesome. Getting there was not so awesome.

I drove to the Parental's house on Friday night. I did laundry until around 11pm. I went to bed and then proceeded to get up at 3:30am so I could leave by 4am and be to BFF's house by 4:30am. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 6:55am and we wanted plenty of time to get through security. Good thing too...

So, a while back I went shooting. I brought a bunch of rounds with me so I could reload the clip. I put those loose rounds in my purse. I did not reload my clip. Instead I went through security with them. But I had forgotten I had them, so when they pulled me aside I was a tad bit bitchy (well, that and it was like 5am). They asked me if I could possibly have anything that was cylindrical and metal in my bag. The only thing I could think of was mascara. It definitely was not mascara they were seeing on the x-ray machine. Oops...

So, a few lessons learned that morning... 1. TSA agents really don't have a sense of humor and seriously frown on these types of things. 2. If it had been less than 10 rounds it wouldn't have been a "violation". 3. The cops they have to call in do have a sense of humor... thank goodness. 4. Your BFF will totally ditch you while you're being cavity searched in front of the line waiting to get through security.

She totally disappeared. And then told me later that if they had detained me that she would have totally gone to Vegas without me. What kind of friend does that? Seriously.

Anyway, no harm no foul. I made it to the gate in plenty of time. We were flying Spirit so we packed onto the plane like sardines and headed to Vegas. By the time we got into the Vegas airport, BFF and I were both in agreement: nap. Now.

After that, we headed to MGM to hang poolside with BooBoo and the rest of the bachelorette party. After having a few cocktails, floating around the lazy river (which totally looked like a frat/sorority party gone wrong) and getting sunburned, it was time to get dressed to go out and have some fun. We were all dressing as cocktails. I was champagne. BFF went as Sangria. BooBoo was a Black Russian. There was also a MaiTai, Shirley Temple and Peppermint Schnapps. We were a colorful crew...
Black Russian...

Champagne and Black Russian...

Sangria and Champagne...

I would love to give you specific details as to what happened next, but I've been sworn to secrecy by several different people. All I can tell you is there were drinks, a lost ATM card, more drinks, a 6' blow-up penis called Captain Pecker, more drinks, a buffet, a found ATM card, more drinks and a drunken cab ride at 3:30am. 

It was a good time...

No comments:

Post a Comment