Friday, June 1, 2012

Vegas, baby... Part II

So... where was I?

Oh yes. Wandered in at 4amish. Really drunk. Really drunk. It was a bachelorette party, after all.

I did wake up around 6am to go to the bathroom and I was still drunk. Luckily, after that I didn't wake up again until noon.

*hello sun... where did you come from?*

BFF and I made our way down to the pool and hung out there for a while. Then we went to the strip and met BooBoo and her friend for lunch at Mandalay Bay. Then BFF and I attempted to walk the whole strip. Um, yeah. I think we made it to the Paris. And we did stop for a Cosmo at the Cosmo. And then on the way back to our hotel we got hungry. Really hungry. And the search for the great buffet began.

We eventually ended up at the Aria for their amazing buffet. Lobster, crab, sushi, prime rib, lamb, pastas, unlimited wine. Need I say more? We killed it. Oh, and closed the place down. We were awesome. And full. Very full.

The next day we met up with BFF's ex-roommate and her husband and decided to kayak the Colorado River. They drop you off right at the base of the Hoover Dam (which I had never seen before) and then you kayak down 12 miles to the pick-up spot. Along the way there are many cool places to stop and check out... oh, and lots of hot springs along the way too. It was awesome.

*warning... lots of cool photos ahead*

BFF & I at the base of the Hoover Dam...

Everyone trying to figure out this kayak thing...

Plus, how cool is this picture?

Yeah, I see the rock. I'm working on it...

My kayak wasn't the fanciest thing around...

Cool view as we float down the river...

Stopping to check out these weird hot springs things...

You really had to hike up there...

It was a dark cave so no sunglasses needed...

And the humidity in there was, like, 425%... maybe more...

Paddling up to another hot spring...

Our kayaks "parked" while we hike up the hot spring stream...

Hot spring pool...

Damn, that water is hot!!

Big horn sheep snacking on a bush...

Heading into a cave...

The reason why my kayak probably looks the way it does. Oops...

View of the river from the cave...


Paddling down the river...


The big horn sheep were very interested in us for some reason...


Another way to check out the dam...

Coming into the Emerald Cave...

BFF showing off her awesome kayak skills...

Check out the color of the water...
 


It was amazing to see in person...

Looking back up the river...

Us 3 girls starting to get the hang of this "kayak" thing...

If you are ever in the area, I highly recommend you do this trip. It was so cool to see in person. You can do a guided tour or you can do like we did and go unguided. Either way, so worth the money.

After a long day on the river (where it was 107 degrees out but the river was only 55 degrees) it was time to grab a bite to eat, take a quick shower and then head for the airport. Needless to say, by the time we got to the airport BFF and I were tired.

I think our plane left around 10pm and got in around midnight. I dropped BFF off and then headed to the parental's. I think I got in around 1:30am. I collapsed into bed and slept until late the next day. Flip Flop and I were supposed to play golf, but it was pouring rain so we went to sushi instead. Then it was time to head home.

The pups and I stopped at Lost Lake on the way home, but I'll leave that to the next blog.

Let me just say this... Vegas was AWESOME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment