Monday, November 12, 2012

Let it snow...

I've given up trying to blog about my 40th birthday.

The short version of my actually birthday is: Woke up, got a nice card, got a sweet Blu-Ray player that streams Netflix and Hulu+ from Rebel, went to the Pumpkin Patch, went to a movie, went to the Fun Center, and then had a great dinner with Rebel, Honey and DT. Rebel did a great job of making sure I had a good 40th. Unfortunately I have no pics from this day. At all.

*yes, I suck*

 If you want to read about the weekend following my birthday where I enacted the words "falling down drunk", Bow did a good job of summing it up here... although she kindly left out the part when I fell down after dinner. Meh... gotta make it memorable somehow, yes?

This weekend we got the first real snow of the year. When Rebel and I woke up on Saturday there was an inch or so on the ground. We decided to pack up the dogs and go for a drive to Kah-Nee-Tah and then to Maupin.

 Trying to get the perfect pic of me and the pups.
Not as easy as it looks...

Not quite...

Missing a dog nose...

Where did Daisy go?
And why is the Marshmallow licking her chops?

As good as it gets, I guess...

Decent pic of Rebel...
(not so much of Daisy)

 Cool rock formations by Warm Springs...


 The Marshmallow looking confused...

On the way home, we were treated to some very interesting clouds and cloud formations...

Ominous clouds...

Storm clouds...

Snow starting to fall...

Blue sky meets snow cloud...

It was pretty cool watching the snow clouds roll in. On Sunday, we moved horses and went and saw the movie Loopers. I finally got to see the end of it after missing it in San Diego due to stomach issues. The first half of the movie was great... second half was more meh than wow. But a good movie, all in all.

And just in case you were wondering how Rebel was healing up after his run-in with the cutting wheel that spontaneously combusted, here are the before and after pics...

Before...

After...

He's healing up quite nicely. Now if I can just convince him not to take on things like that we'll be good...

No comments:

Post a Comment