Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Goals for the ponies...

So, I've decided that I'm going to concentrate on getting Seven going (so he can be sold to a Junior rider) and do an easy year of LD's with Flash as well. To that end, I'm going to be trying to stick to rides that are multi-days.

The first one coming up will be Grizzly in April. Flash won't be a problem getting legged up for a 30. The real test will be getting Seven ready to do the 12 mile trail ride on Sunday (after I've done the 30 with Flash on Saturday).

That's the goal for Flash and Seven.

As for Goodwin, just getting him to not be quite so aloof (and reactionary) will be a start. To that end, he has to get messed with every night before I'll let him approach his hay. I'm hoping with consistent work, he'll start to see that people aren't so bad after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment