Monday, January 18, 2010

I need a "reset" button...

Yeah... there are just days where you just want to go back to the beginning and hit the reset button. I am having (or have just had... depending on how you want to look at it) one of those days.

And, actually it started last night. I was visiting Wulfe this weekend and got a late start home. I drove right into a pretty nasty storm pretty late at night. I had to stop and pull trees out of the way to get back to the coast (and got drenched while doing it because it was raining so hard). So, that sucked.

I woke up at 4am and really couldn't get back to sleep. Yeah, that sucked as well.

Then this morning when I got to work, all hell broke loose.

First I got an email from ex-hub saying that our cat, Maxwell, was not doing well. But, of course he didn't just say that. Let's see... how did he put it? Oh yes, it was something like: I don't know if you care, but...

I love that cat. He was a part of my life for 10 years. And even if I wasn't attached to Max, I still am a bleeding heart for any animal and he knows this. He was just trying to stick it to me. And it worked... I am pretty pissed off with him. And so very sad about Max (OK... trying not to cry as I type this). He has a tumor behind one of his eyes and will no longer eat or drink. Unfortunately he is too old for the vet to operate on. I'm pretty sure ex-hub will be putting him down tomorrow. And I'm sad and pissed that I don't get to say good-bye. He's there and I'm here... (OK... crying now).

Moving on...

So, that kind of set the mood for the day. After that, I was working on getting classifieds put together. I get all the way done and just a few ads to lay in... and then I pull in one of the ads and realize that the box size for the ad is a 2x2.5. The ad, in actuality, is a 2x5.

CRAP!! They dummied the ad size wrong. So, had to start all over again from scratch. Basically wasted four hours of my day. Four hours that I didn't have because the previous week I had lost a full day due to the internet and intranet being down.

Some days it just is not worth getting out of bed...

2 comments:

  1. Well, the one good thing is that tomorrow has GOT to be better. It is amazing to me that laying out ads would require you to start over it one was sized wrong. I'm going to have to start appreciating what goes into it!

    Sorry about your cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is only true when putting together the classifieds... for the rest of the paper it's a pretty easy fix :)

    ReplyDelete