Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Good news/Bad news...

The good news: the hay is stacked in the barn.

The bad news: everything else.

Went to pick up hay tonight. This time the place I bought it from loaded it for me... Yay!! By the time I got back to the coast it was raining and starting to get dark. I had a trailer full of hay and needed to get it stacked in the little barn where I board Flash.

So I start to pull bales down and begin stacking them. I've stacked the first row and am pulling down the second row when I hook my heel and fall backwards out of the trailer. The middle of my back hits the edge of the trailer, knocking the wind out of me. My head hits a rock on the ground. I bang up my wrist that gets stuck at a weird angle underneath me. And then the 4 bales I was trying to pull down fall on top of me.

I'm sure it actually looked pretty funny. I might actually have chuckled at the sight if I had been able to breathe. I probably looked like a turtle on it's back with my limbs flailing trying to get the bales of hay off of me...

It hurt like a son-of-a-bitch. Still does...

Breathing is proving to be a little on the difficult side at this point... but nothing is broken (that I can tell). And I did push through and get it all stacked.

We'll have to see how I feel in the morning. I think I'm going to be pretty sore...

2 comments:

  1. OH - my word! That is awful. You should be checked out. You could have a broken rib or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing broken except my pride :)

    ReplyDelete