Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hate is a strong word...

But I'm willing to go out on a limb with this one.

OK, folks. I'm warning you right now... this entry is about girlie stuff, so if you don't want to know, just skip this one right now.

For those of you still here... well, you might regret that decision in a minute.

So, every month I have to deal with "that time of the month" (from here on out known as THE CURSE) and all that THE CURSE entails... mainly, cramps. And lots of them.

I have been dealing with this since I was in my teens, so you'd think I'd be used to this by now... after all I have been doing this for 21 years. Which, by the way, is 252 months roughly. After over 200 times I think I have reached the expert level of THE CURSE... although there was that 5 year stretch (before BC caused me to jump on the crazy train) that I was on depo-provera and it was heaven. No cramps... no nothing. Fabulous!!

Anyway, this month was no exception... except that it was the exception. On any given month I have cramps, sometimes get sick but once the pain meds kick in, I'm good to go... usually.

Not this month... nooooooo. Couldn't just be simple. Had to be difficult. And really damn painful. I haven't had one like that in years... over 10 if I had to guess. It was if a small alien was trying to claw it's way out of my uterus. With a spoon. And dull knife. And possibly had a few friends in there helping him. I had pain in my hips, in my back, down my legs, in my knees for cryin' out loud. There was a time there for a while that if someone had walked up and put a gun to my head I would have helped them pull the trigger.

And the usually good-to-go pain meds? Yeah, not making a dent. At. All. Nothing...

I seriously thought I was dying for about 6 hours there. Or wanted to die. Either way...

I am getting to that age where I am seriously considering just having it all taken out. At this point I really don't think I want to go through an actual pregnancy... not when I can adopt and have someone else do the heavy lifting for me...

And I seriously hate those internal organs... the ovaries and uterus are no friends of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment