Friday, March 25, 2011

The biggest loser...

It's spring break here at the coast. Normally I would hunker down and wait for one of two things to happen...

1. Spring break to be over...
2. Everyone visiting for spring break to spontaneously combust, but preferably no where near my power lines... The seagull was bad enough.

However, it was a beautiful day here yesterday and after all the rain I needed to get out. So the pups and I decided to brave the crowds and we took a stroll down to the beach.

We enjoyed the sun...



And played with the ball...

And met celebs on the beach. Oh yes, we did...

We met up with this guy... 

Arthur, from The Biggest Loser...

He's a native of Portland, OR and he was visiting my little beach for some R&R before heading back for the Biggest Loser finale. He was a nice guy and a pleasure to talk to. And I also realized that this guy, who still has a bit of weight to lose, could probably outlast me in the gym. Sad...

Time to get serious about shedding some pounds. 

So, I decided to face the scale. I haven't been on one since last summer. I know it's bad. I just didn't realize how bad...

And let me assure you, it's bad. I'm in serious danger of being too heavy to ride my horse...

Yup, I'm a cow. 

So, I started walking again. And this morning I even ran for a portion of my walk (thank you, Arthur).

My goal? To drop 30 pounds by the 4th of July. That's 14 weeks away. Which means I need to lose just over 2 lbs a week to make it happen. I can do that, right?

Right?

Right!!

5 comments:

  1. NO problem! I've dropped 24 since the end of Januuary. It sucks ASS, but I did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See? This is why I need to lose a few pounds. The size my butt is now might create a black hole that consumes everything around it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breaking my seatpost and frame on my last bike was a pretty good sign for me...I went back and joined the Gym I lost 20 lbs at a few years ago

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have quite a bit of weight to lose myself. I've recently started a new diet. It has worked like a charm. It's not a fun diet - but I can't argue with 13.7 pounds lost total in 9 days... I debated as to whether or not I'd share my diet with my blog readers - so look for that post coming up soon (hopefully today or this weekend) if you are interested. It's worked so well I think it's a travesty not share. Now I just have to keep going...

    Heather
    http://belleofthedesert.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the feeling, I am itching to get out and walk/run with sandra in the stroller, but it frickin snowed here this morning. I am so ready for winter to take a hike.

    ReplyDelete