Monday, March 7, 2011

Just like old times. Kinda...

I'm back!! And really stinkin' tired.

It was a crazy week and an even crazier weekend. But somehow I managed to get it all done. Monday through Thursday was spent getting TPFH out the door. Which I did. And on time, even.

Friday I went to work for a few (5) hours and then packed up the truck and headed for the parentals. On the way it started pouring down rain. When I got there it was still pouring rain. While we loaded the truck with the last few odds and ends that I had left there it still continued to pour down rain. But flip-flop was a trooper and we got it all done. El Dub arrived just in time to see the tarp getting tied down (typical man-style).

We were very wet and cold...

But my tarping skills even impressed El Dub... 
But there was no rest for the wet and weary. It was time to hit the road again and head to Farmer's. 

On the way, I encountered a crazy traffic accident. First there was a sign proclaiming that an accident was ahead and that there was only 1 land open. Then, after about a 1/2 mile I saw a car and a semi that had got tangled up. The front of the car was pretty mangled and the trailer of the semi was mostly off the road in a jack-knife. 

I thought that was it, but the cones kept going that closed off the other lane. Then about another 1/4 mile down the road I saw a 4 to 6 car pile-up. It was tough to tell how many exactly. There was a lot of glass and metal everywhere.

And again, I thought that was it. But then another 1/4 mile down the road I saw that an oil tanker had crashed through the guard rail and was halfway down the embankment. And here traffic was completely stopped (can't really blame people... it was a pretty impressive sight). But after a few minutes I was good and ready to move on. The rest of the world apparently wasn't. I had to wait another 20 minutes before I could get on my way again.

Finally I got to Farmer's place. The truck was running a little rough and idling high but I shut it down and decided to just see what it was like the next day. I got to pester Farmer for a bit (not nearly enough, though. Time for a visit...) and then it was time for bed. 

The next morning I was up at the crack of, well, early and was greeted by the animals...

Oh, you're here again? Stop moving so I can get comfy...

Thanks...

More pets and less attention on the cat, please...


Then it was time to get up and clean the trailer. Which took way longer than I thought it would.

But it looked quite nice once I was done...

Then it was time to load up and head out.

You're leaving?
 
Don't let the door hit your butt on the way out...
Both horses loaded quite easily (thank goodness) and trailered to the coast just fine. I got Flash put back out with Bella and Elmo (boy, was Elmo happy to see him) and then got Aspen settled into her stall and went home to unload the truck. Then I crashed...

Sunday I was up pretty early again rounding up paperwork and getting ready to deliver Aspen to her new owner who lives about 3 1/2 hours south. 

Once again, she loaded up fine and trailered great. On the way, we ran into a little issue with the truck... the throttle sensor decided that it was done and quit working (hence the high-idle when I got to Farmer's). So, RR disconnected it (so glad he was with me) and we went about our way.

We got to the new owner's place and got her settled in. All went well even though she hadn't been handled in a while (what a good horse) and then it was time to head home. 

It was a long day...

Actually, it was a long week...

No comments:

Post a Comment