Monday, April 18, 2011

Behold! The golden orb of light...

The sun is back. And maybe for a few days even. I'm so excited by this prospect that I can hardly contain myself...

The weekend didn't start off that way, however.

On Saturday, things were looking a little bleak. But RR, the dogs and I found ways to cheer ourselves up. We (meaning the dogs) posed on things. Like a log...

I'm posing on a log...

Yup. Still posing on a log...

Uh huh... *yawn* Still here...

Hey, what's that over there (makes a run for it)...

Outta the way, Marshmallow. I will show you how to properly pose on a log...

A little farther down the beach, the pups ran into their buddy Moxi who was making a valiant effort to get someone, anyone, to throw him the stick he had carefully chosen for the task...

I haz a stick...

Throw ze stick, pleaz...
 

Needless to say, I did not throw the stick. Moxi tried to drag it along for a bit, but eventually realized that his dreams of chasing "the big one" weren't going to happen. 

After our walk on the beach, RR headed out to do some stuff around his place and I decided that it was time to round up the dust hippos that were hiding out in my kitchen. 

On Sunday, it was barn day. But it was a nice day and it wasn't raining so there was much rejoicing. After cleaning up after 15 horses, RR and I treated ourselves to sushi and then decided to head out to catch the sunset... which was great. We could actually see the sun set.

And it was glorious...



It would have been more glorious if the wind hadn't been blowing around 20 MPH, but whatever. There was sun...

Then this morning, we were treated to yet more sun...

Now this is what I'm talking about...

I'm hoping it sticks around for a while...

2 comments:

  1. These posts cheer me up every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been nice indeed to see the sunshine :)
    Looking at my work schedual I see its supposed to rain the day they want me to watch the bridge they are finishing...

    one day of work in the sun shine would be sooooo nice...

    ReplyDelete