Friday, March 12, 2010

Farmer and the Dell (computer)...

Or maybe it's a Toshiba? I forget. Anywho... 

So Farmer has decided to foray out into the wacky world of internet dating. Fundamentally, I think this is a good thing. He is an incredibly intelligent and caring person who deserves to have someone special in his life... despite the lack of sense when choosing to sport his particular headgear (he has this hat that is literally 3 times the size that he is). But I digress...

Practically, I'm not sure how much quality he is going to find in the internet dating pool. My experience (if you remember from some of the classic early dating blogs) was that there is a reason they weren't using conventional dating methods. However, Farmer is anything but conventional, so it may work...

Although yesterday he told me that a girl had sent him a short "Hi. How are you?" message to which he responded "Good. How are you?". Her response? "I'm looking for a good guy to care of me". Holy crap... really? Don't you think you should at least get past the "Hi, my name is... " stage before you throw out there that you're expecting someone to do all the work and raise your 5 kids from 5 different dads? But maybe that's just me...

Wisely, Farmer opted not to reply.

So, after all that, you may ask why Farmer is opting to use this form of communication rather that more standard means. I think there are 2 reasons (although if I am wrong, I'm sure I will be hearing about it quite soon).... 1. Time. He is a farmer (this might be shocking to some of you people). And because Farmer is a farmer, his work is his life. Period. He has a tough job ahead of him, finding someone that wants to be a part of all that nuttiness. 2. Location. Again, he is a farmer. Which means he lives out in BFS surrounded by (yup, you guessed it) other farmers. And unless those farmers have good-looking, single and age-appropriate daughters, he's basically SOL.

So under those circumstances I don't think giving internet dating a try is such a bad idea. I'm just hoping that he has better luck than I did...

No comments:

Post a Comment