Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Now that's more like it...

It was a beautiful day here at the coast today. I decided that after working two very long days to leave early and take Flash for another spin on the beach.

Our first attempt at beach-riding bliss was not what I would call a roaring success. But it wasn't bad considering it was his first time... So I decided it was time to give it another go.

I ran home, grabbed the dogs, grabbed the truck and trailer and grabbed the horse (after chasing him down... he apparently didn't feel like going anywhere today). We arrived at the parking lot, saddled up and headed out. The sun was shining and it was a beautiful stroll through the neighborhood leading to the beach.

We then get out onto the sand. Flash doesn't even hesitate this time around. So far, so good. We start to walk down the beach... then we start to trot. He doesn't even stop to look at the shells this time around... success! We just keep trotting down the beach. And pretty soon he's picking up the pace and really moving out.

Look at all that open space mom... let's go!!

And go we did. We galloped... down the beach... wind in our hair... effortlessly (for the most part)... just like I imagined... it was AWESOME!!

I decided that since things were going so well that maybe we would attempt to dip our toes in the water while we were at it... 

Umyahno... This is as close as I get...

Well, it was worth a try...

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! I love beach riding.

    Though you might be better staying out incase Flash turns out to be a splasher like my boy.

    Fox will stand in the sea refusing to move and splash and splash with his front feet until he and I are soaked. Not much fun when it's cold and not so good for saddles either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flash, thank goodness, is not a splasher... Elmo and Aspen on the other hand will play, play, play until we and all around us are soaked :)

    ReplyDelete