Sunday, April 11, 2010

To blog or not to blog... that is the question...

In looking back on what I've written, I sometimes wonder whether this blog has been a benefit or a detriment...

Benefit: because for the most part I feel like I'm not alone in this struggle and it has been nice to hear comments from those of you who are going through the same things...

Detriment: because sometimes what I write causes more problems than it tends to solve.

So the question then becomes... to blog or not to blog? I feel like I want to be able to write whatever is on my mind without having to censure myself... after all, if I'm having to take everyone else's feelings into account and type around on eggshells then what is the point? This is supposed to be the place where I can get stuff off my mind... good or bad.

So I guess it's time to compromise yet again... I will continue to write what I want to write about, but there are some subjects that seem to upset people that I will be leaving off of this public forum. Don't worry... I'll still be putting it out there... just not quite as much detail on certain things. I love having a place to "spill my guts" so-to-speak, but not at the risk of upsetting people who are dear to me.

Also, I'll be picking up the pace... I've been slacking off because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do about this particular subject. Problem is solved and I'll be going back to posting on a regular basis. Thank you for sticking with me...

1 comment:

  1. I have a similar issue. It is a hard balancing act. There are things I want to record, but my blog seems too public to discuss some things. I've started a journal. I pull my blog entries into my journal - but am able to add a host of more private feelings/fears/dreams. So far, that has worked well for me.

    ReplyDelete