Monday, November 16, 2009

Didn't see that one coming...

As you may know, I spent the weekend at my parents' house dog sitting Simba (their Rottweiler/St. Bernard) and Midas (Booty's Chow Chow). Midas is hangin' at the parentals until Booty comes back from East Asia. For an entertaining read, click on the link to the right about her travels. She's having an awesome time.

Anyway, I was supposed to see Bff and a couple other people while I was in town... but that was derailed when I came down with flu-like symptoms. I don't if it was the flu, per se but I was running a pretty good fever and felt like absolute crap. This was not helped by the fact that my period also started so I was dealing with cramps and that crap as well. Not the best weekend I've ever had.

So, to make a long story short, I didn't see anyone. No one wanted to be around my germs. And I don't blame them and I completely understood. I did have dinner last night with my parents and that was nice (and yummy, too).

When I got back to the gay guys' house I was all of a sudden hit with the most profound sense of loneliness... I was totally unprepared for it. I was having an oh shit, what have I done moment. I don't know anyone here. I don't have any friends here. I don't have Farmer here. I don't have my dogs or horses here.

I am ALONE...

Oh, the feeling finally passed after some seriously intense moments but I so didn't like that.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the shout out. and imagine me singing michael jackson to you: you are not alone.. i am here with you. though we're far apart, you're always in my heart. um yeah.. it's cheesy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now that song is stuck in my head... LOVE it!! Thanks boo... I know you're always there for me :)

    ReplyDelete