Thursday, February 17, 2011

Someone for everyone...

This kind of ties in with yesterday's post. And I've had this discussion with many people, but I don't think I've ever blogged about it.

First question. Is there someone for everyone?

Second question. Do you only get one shot at "happily ever after"?

First: I think there is someone for everyone. But you have to be open to finding it. If you are a grumpy, closed-off, pessimistic person chances are your someone will just keep right on going.

Which brings me to...

Second: I think you get more than one chance at true happiness. I don't think that there is only one person in the whole world who fulfills that happiness. I think that there are many people who fit that bill and that it depends on where you are in your life and how open you are to it as to whether that person "sticks" or not.

But it all comes down to this: Love is work, people. Without the work, the love dies. I think that flames that burned earlier in life can be relit, if the relationship wasn't run into the ground beyond repair (like Ex-hub and I). We all have control over how we treat the other person in our life. So if you have found your "one", make sure and treat them right...

3 comments:

  1. Nailed-it Babe.
    If there is just 1 thing to add to that, it would be something both of us verbalized early on and I believe you put down here on the blog as well... you have to be open to the fact that on a very real level 'you come first' (or in my case: 'I come first'.). It sounds very non-romantic, but being in-tact is a prerequisite for a healthy relationship. Yes, I would die for the ones I love, but securely in the knowledge that my ability to care for them ends in that act... and I wanna' bring the best I can for as long as I can. Sorry for the digression into extremes, just to say that keeping a healthy self goes a long way towards seeing a relationship 'right-sized' & having the 'Us' come first is only a natural extention of one's own reach (emotional and otherwise). Wait... did any of that make any sense?
    Love You SweetBabe. :* :* :*
    RR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you get more than one shot. As for 'someone for everyone', I think you control your own destiny in that aspect. I agree... love takes work.

    ReplyDelete