Friday, February 18, 2011

Well, that didn't go well...

This weekend I'm supposed to be delivering Aspen to her new owner. Actually there were a lot of things that were supposed to happen this weekend...

Friday:

Get up at the crack-of-ridiculous and get the truck and trailer ready to go. Drive over the pass to the Parental's. Hang with BooBoo, Flip-flop and others while my sis (BooBoo) looks at wedding dresses (she's in town this weekend with her soon-to-be in-laws). Have din-din with the whole fam dam. Crash at Bff's house.

Saturday:

Again, up at the crack-of-ridiculous and on the road to Farmers. Arrive and round up equine (Aspen and Flash... because if I'm picking up one might as well grab both). Clean up said equine. Load and drive back to Portland. Pick up Bff and her daughter. Then back to the coast. Drop Flash off up at Mower's. Stick Aspen in a stall. Collapse into bed.

Sunday:

For the last time this weekend, up at the crack-of-ridiculous. Load up Aspen. Head out to deliver her to Southern Oregon. Drop her off. Pick up some money. Head back to the coast. Send Bff and daugher back to Portland. Die...

Instead it went something like this:

Was up at the crack-of-ridiculous. Looked outside and swore... it's snowing. Packed the truck. Got on the road. 10 miles out of town I ran into this...

Ummmm... yeah. Not quite what I was hoping for...

At this point I was only just starting into the pass and it was already bad. And, after the trailer tried to drag me off the road twice, I decided it was time to turn around. 

Wow, it's really snowy out here...
The problem? No where to turn around. So, I ended up dropping the trailer and heading back to town with just the truck. I also stopped to pull a guy out of the ditch, because I'm nice like that.

So, horse delivery is not happening this weekend. I need a less inclement weather type of situation. But I still need to go round the trailer back up. 

I'm just hoping at this point that it stops snowing sometime this weekend...

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, no. I wouldn't be driving a trailer in that! Sorry about your plans.

    ReplyDelete