Sunday, May 22, 2011

We have a winner...

RR, Noelle, Daisy and I had a good time at the Mutt Masters Dog Show yesterday. Noelle competed in Tail Wag Champ, Most Unusual Pet Trick and Fabulous Frisbee Catcher. Daisy tried her paw at Most Distinguished Elder and Best Handshake (couldn't find the lobster costume, dang it).

There was a good turn out to the show and the sun actually came out for most of the day...



I even got a sunburn.

There was some big competition, but I was ready to go and show the rest of these mutts what we could do...

That is a big dog...

In the Tail Wag Champ class, Noelle was totally distracted by the lady next to us who had hot dogs. Rather than massive nub wagging, there was massive drooling. Not what the judges wanted to see... We didn't place.

Next was Fabulous Frisbee Catcher. Now Noelle (up until yesterday) had never tried to catch a frisbee... in fact, I'm not sure she had even seen one.

Hey, look what I found...

Foodz?

After I got her to understand that we catch the frisbee not eat the frisbee, she did quite well. Unfortunately, once we got into the ring to show our stuff I biffed it by throwing it into the ground twice. On our third go she made a great catch, but it was too little too late. So, I lost that one for us...

(hangs head in shame)

Then is was Daisy's turn to try her paws at a couple of classes. However, she wasn't super interested in performing for the crowd...

Busy napping. Come back later...

Needless to say, she didn't make it into the ribbons. Oh well... 

Then it was Noelle's turn to wow the judges with her Most Unusual Pet Trick... crawling.

I totally am gonna nail it...

And she did!! She took 2nd place... 

Marshmallow: Look Daisy... 2nd place!!
Daisy: Where's my ribbon?

Marshmallow: I am awesome...
Daisy: Whatever. It was a stupid trick... 

Marshmallow: You're just jealous...
Daisy: Just wait 'til next year, mutt... 

It was a ton of fun... Can't wait to do it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment