Wednesday, September 21, 2011

It's amateur hour...

I swear the paper did not deserve my talent. Especially when they take something that I designed the hell out of and make it look like a 3rd grader got a hold of it.

Remember the project I hated more than life itself (TPIHMTLI)? Well I may have hated it, but I did make sure it looked really damn good by the time it left the building. And when I left the paper I left them months worth of templates to work with. It was idiot proof... or so I thought.

What the cover used to look like. Classy, clean, visually interesting...

What the cover looks like now. Crass, crowded and uninteresting...

I mean, what font is that they are now using at the top? And who slaps such visually uninteresting headers like that on a cover? And why the hell is the bar hanging out on either side? Wanna bet that the printed copy has those bars hanging out too? 

*sigh*

They definitely didn't deserve my attention to detail and talent. Glad I'm now at a place that does appreciate the skills I have to offer...

No comments:

Post a Comment