Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Nothing better...

There are few things better in life than a great bf and a fabulous bff. Over the holiday weekend, I had both...

RR was already in town (and his car is, thankfully, working again) and Bff and her offspring wandered in on Saturday afternoon.

Before they got there, RR and I attempted a ride. I say attempted because we were only out about a 1/2 hour. I was riding the LL's (landlord) new horse, which was supposedly a very broke, kid-type horse. Um, no. He's not... And Flash, unfortunately wasn't helping matters. He was feeding off of Scoot's energy and getting all frisky too. So, RR was having no fun and neither was I. I had my hands full... and that's saying something. And then the bridle broke. I decided to dismount and just walk back. Seemed safer that way.

I'm bummed for LL because she thought they had a winner. And he's great from the ground... a perfect gentleman. Unfortunately, someone forgot to continue his education under saddle. She's trying to get back into horses after a long layoff and wanted something she could just hop on and ride. Scoot, unfortunately, is not it...

Anyway, on Sunday RR, Bff, her offspring and I decided to hit the river for a day of floating. It was a blast. But before we hit the river, we made a stop at Walmart first...

And found RR some new accessories...

Then it was off to the river. Bff and offspring decided to do the tubes...

Boy that water looks cold...

While RR and I stuck to the boat...

This is the life...

A duck came by to see if we had any nomzy stuff to offer her...

You have nothing? You people are worthless...

And after the first few times down the river, it started to get a little crowded...

It was like a traffic jam. Only with lots more drunk driving... or floating... or whatever.

RR had to use his special skills (and paddles) to navigate through traffic...

Yes, Birkenstocks count as paddles...

We thought there was food being freely offered on the river...

Turns out they're just cattails and not edible (really) at all...

We weren't the only ones finding interesting ways to paddle around town (and the river). Check out this party bicycle built for 14...

It even comes with a bartender to serve you libations as you peddle.
Now that's my kind of bike...

It was a good weekend. RR is still in town so we're going to load up the horses and head over to Mags to ride tonight. Should be a way better ride than we had on Saturday. At least, it'd better be. Or I'll kick Storm and Flash both...

No comments:

Post a Comment