Monday, November 14, 2011

Life changes, Silver Falls and snow...

Last week was a long (but good) week. I was supposed to go to Farmer's, but it ended up that this weekend he had the flu (the previous weekend it was me) so I stayed home.

On Wednesday, I had dropped my truck and trailer off at Rebel's shop to have some work done on it. The weekend before everything on it (lights, brakes, everything...) had stopped working. I figured it was time to finally get something done about that. Honestly, I would have been thrilled if he had just gotten the magnetic lights working again. Instead, my trailer came back on Thursday looking better than it did when I bought it. He had completely rewired the truck and the plug harness, put new wiring throughout on the trailer and had upgraded all the lights to LED's. It was way more than I could afford. Rebel's response? Cook me dinner and we're even...

I was feeling kind of bad about it. After all, that's a lot of work that he did on that rusty piece of crap (come to find out later he also welded the back axle which was starting to rust loose). It just didn't seem right. I consulted Clown on this and he told me to just graciously accept what was offered. And he even seemed offended that I had tried to offer Rebel some money towards the fix-up of the truck and trailer. I didn't quite get what he was driving at until he told me that by offering to pay Rebel for the work that I was cheapening the gift. Seriously? I had no idea that men think like this. My thought? I didn't want to take advantage of anyone's generosity...

After all, since I've moved back Rebel has helped me out a lot. He came over to stack hay. He took me out to dinner when I was flat broke. Hell, he's even cooked for me a time or two... (I know, I know. A guy who can turn a wrench and cook? Almost too good to be true...)

So on Friday we decided to take it to the next level, and turned our friendship into a relationship.

Yup, you heard it right. I am no longer single... (and it happened on 11.11.11 too. hehe)

Trust me, you aren't the only one that is shocked. But I'm very happy about the sudden turn of events. Sometimes you just really never know what is around the corner waiting for you. I guess that's what makes life so interesting...

OK, back to the weekend...

On Saturday morning I swapped Goodwin and Storm. So now Storm is at my place and Goodwin will spend the winter at Mags and she will start to put some groundwork on him this winter.

Saturday afternoon, Rebel suggested we drive out to Silver Falls and check it out. He had tried to do some camping there earlier in the year, but it hadn't panned out and he wanted to see if it was worth trying to camp there again. So off we went...

Of course, the pups demanded they come along as well...

And even though the weather wasn't great, I'm glad we went. That place was amazing!! Not only did you get to see the falls from the front, you got to go behind them too. It was so cool.

Main waterfall looking from the upper trail...

People walking behind the main falls...

Watching the water fall from behind the falls...

The second waterfall on the Canyon trail...

It was very wet walking behind this waterfall...


Rebel reluctantly posing for a picture...

The hike was actually pretty nice considering that the weather wasn't that great. We got misted on most of the hike and towards the end, we really got rained on.

On our way back home, the pass was a mess. It really started snowing and we were held up by several wreckers that were pulling cars out of the ditch. One truck looked like it had rolled over. It was pretty snowy and slick but we made it home safe and sound. And really, really tired. Man am I out of shape...

Sunday I went riding with Jewel and Mags. It was a gorgeous day although the wind was quite cold. But we had a good time. I rode Storm and Mags rode Flash for me...

Mags & Jewel enjoying a great ride...

The rest of Sunday was just spent recovering from the hike the day before. Although Rebel did come over and I did make waffles for dinner, other than that I didn't get off the couch. I was supposed to go to a soccer game at 7pm but I totally forgot about it. Probably best... I'm not sure I could have run up and down the field anyway. 

All in all, it was a really great weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing what else is on the horizon...

2 comments:

  1. Well congratulations Sweetpea, Sounds like you found a winner @-}--
    Draken

    ReplyDelete