Monday, November 28, 2011

Long, but short, weekend...

I love Thanksgiving. I mean, really love it...

You can't beat turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, homemade rolls and all the fixin's... it's epic. A feast that I consistently overeat at every year. And this year was no exception...

I ate. And ate. And ate. And ate. And then ate some more. And then I had dessert. And then I passed out from a food coma...

But I wasn't the only one.

El Dub was napping...

Simba was napping on T...

#4 and the BabyO were napping...

Duke was napping...

BooBoo was reading. But that's almost like napping...

And after all that napping, then it was time to head out for Black Friday *insert scary music here*

That's right. I can now cross that little adventure off my bucket list. BooBoo dragged me out of bed to join her in the late-night debauchery that is shopping at midnight. It was quite an experience, let me tell you...

Just our group alone needed this much coffee to stay awake while in line...

I really felt bad for the people who were in line for BestBuy. It looked pretty bad over there. We were in line for Old Navy. Which was bad. But not that bad... Plus, BooBoo and I had a game plan. Circle once around the store grabbing as you go and be in line in 20 minutes. All told we were in and out in 25 minutes. Not bad. Not bad at all...

Later on Friday, Rebel drove up to Portland with the pups and had dinner with Bff and I. He got the Bff stamp of approval (always a good thing). Then on Saturday we had lunch with my parents. Again, he passed with flying colors. Flip Flop even commented on how normal he was (if she only knew... haha).

Unfortunately, on Saturday night I ended up not feeling so well. But Rebel was a trooper and basically ignored all the whining and gnashing of teeth that was going on over my way. 

On Sunday it was time to head back home. Rebel took the pups and headed over Mt. Hood. I took myself and headed the other way to meet up with Drake for some sushi. It was good, but I wish I had been feeling better. I didn't really get to eat as much as I normally would. Oh well... maybe that's for the best. After all, I'm trying to drop some pounds before BooBoo's wedding in July.

All in all, it was a fabulous weekend. I hope yours was a happy holiday as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment