Monday, April 16, 2012

More camping...

As I mentioned in my last post, I decided to go horse camping again this weekend. My weather app was assuring me it would be good weather, so I figured what the heck.

Unfortunately, I paid more attention to how Saturday and Sunday were looking and neglected to pay attention to the weather Friday night.

Big mistake. Huge.

Um, excuse me? What is this?

Not quite the weather I was anticipating. Not even a little bit. And to make matters worse, the heavy snow pointed out some leaky spots in the camper... 

*sigh*

But at least they got fixed before my next outing... which is race weekend!! (yeah, I'm a little excited... just go with it)

However, Saturday turned out the way it was supposed to and Flash and I got a really good training ride in... complete with views.

Is there a better view than between a horses ears?

Flash thought all of the burned trees were hiding evil demons...

Instead they were just hiding good views of the surrounding mountains...

Although they *do* look a little wicked...

We also got some good road riding in...

We went about 15 miles and Flash was still feeling really good when we were done. I, on the other hand, wanted Advil and a nap. Next weekend is going to be brutal but I think the ankle will hold up just fine. It felt pretty good after we were done.

Saturday night, Jewel and Mr. Mustache ended up at our campsite and stayed around to chat. I hadn't seen Jewel in quite a while so it was good to catch up.

Sunday, it was time to pack it up and head home. After cleaning up the camper a bit some friends hauled over to the house and Shield's friend decided to give Storm a try (the friend is thinking about leasing out Storm for the summer). It was a great match and they both had a good time.

Once that was done, Hutch and I headed out for another 10 mile training ride. Flash ran really good. I tried to work out all the stiff muscles from the day before.

But we had a good time...

All in all, a really good weekend. I can't wait for race day...

No comments:

Post a Comment