Monday, October 17, 2011

Everything looks better by candlelight...

Let me just say right off that it was a wild weekend. I didn't plan it that way... it just happened. I swear.

Friday night I was supposed to go and do laundry. Instead Jewel showed up and we went for a twilight ride instead. She's interested in getting into endurance racing and she wanted to see what it's like to ride at speed. So Flash and I gave her a taste. Both Jewel and her horse Maddie were pretty tired by the time we were done. Flash, on the other hand, was getting all competitive and anytime Maddie got close he would speed up his trot. Maddie was having to canter to keep up with him. I forgot how fast that horse trots!! But we had a great time.

After I got home I jumped in the shower and as soon as I was out Hutch called me to come join her for a few drinks at the Tumalo Feed Company. Holy crap is that place hilarious... red velvet seats, a cowboy singing in the corner and a drink called Cowgirl Koolaid. What could possibly go wrong? We chatted about the upcoming Halloween Horse Show and tried to decide what classes we were going to do and what our costumes were going to be. Since my Rainbow Brite costume has mysteriously disappeared I need a back-up plan. I think I've decided to cover Flash in silk flowers and twigs and then I'm going to dress up as a lady bug. Easy enough, I think... (famous last words)

On Saturday, Jewel wanted to get out and ride again. This time I decided to leave Flash behind and take Scoot out. He is a monster. His back is probably a foot higher than Flash's is. Trying to get my leg up to the stirrup was quite the ordeal. I think I need to do more yoga (or stick to short horses). But once I managed to get on we had a great ride. It was a gorgeous day. Then it was time to go to "the party"...

"The Party" was a romance party (if you know what those are... and if you don't, well think toys and stuff for the bedroom). I made Jewel go with me. We took some liquor, which was good because we ended up needing it. Now as you know, I am not shy about sex. Or discussing sex. But you have to have special talents to describe all of those products and still keep a straight face. Some of that stuff was terrifying. Seriously...

Needless to say, we made our exit fairly early.

On Sunday I woke up to drizzle-rain. I was supposed to get together with Mags, Jewel and KO for a ride out at Crooked River but the weather was not cooperating. So instead I just packed up the dogs and went out to Crooked River to visit KO and hang with them. Her parents and some of their friends were in town so it turned out to be quite the party. And I probably had a smidge too much to drink. But we had a great time!!

The view from KO's back deck...


Rudy: You're gonna share with me right?

Daisy: If she's sharing with anyone it's going to be me...

Sigfried: I don't care who she shares with. Just get these mutts off my porch...

Now!!

Noelle: I want some too...

Yes, I am an angel. In case there was any doubt...

The view from KO's parent's house...


This morning I was a little sluggish getting out of bed. I went to turn on the light in the bathroom and heard a pop and was plunged into darkness. My attempt to remove the light cover failed (damn those screws are tight) and so I ended up having to get ready by candlelight.

Not how I really wanted to start out my Monday after such a stellar weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment