Monday, October 31, 2011

It is Monday, right?

It was such a crazy weekend that when I woke up this morning I wasn't exactly sure what day it was...

Friday night, JT the PT adjusted my back and boy did that feel so good. After that it was sushi. I have actually found a good place here in Bend that is almost as good as the coast. Not bad considering that I'm 5 hours away from the ocean.

Saturday it was the Spooktacular horse show. Flash and I dressed up and proceeded to have a great time at the horse show. Our first class was the costume class where there were about 35 entries. We took 5th...

Ladybug and her daisy...
 

Flash got many compliments on his daisies. He looked so cute. He kept trying to shake them out of his mane, but I had them banded in there pretty tight so he was stuck with them all day...

In the afternoon, we did a bunch of western pleasure classes. Typically Flash is not a slow and easy mover... he likes to go fast. But by afternoon we were both kinda tired so we actually did pretty well in those classes. We took a 3rd, a 4th, 2 5th and a 6th. And yes, there were more than 6 people in every class we were in... 
The pups were pretty sad that they didn't get to go to the show, however...

How could you leave us behind?

On Sunday, I had to go into work for a few hours to help out with the Fall Harvest festival we were having on property. Since I was there anyway, JT came out and we decided to play a round of golf on the Jack Nicklaus course. I was a little nervous about playing on such a difficult course because I haven't swung my golf clubs in about 3 1/2 years but I actually played pretty well and we had a great time. We did get rained on a few times, but it was still pretty nice out there on the course...

After that we jumped in the hot tub to relax for a bit... which felt great, but man was I tired after all that. I slept like the dead last night.

What a fun weekend, though...

This morning I decided to take some photos of Goodwin so you can see how good he is starting to look...

Before...

Today...

It's amazing what a few months and some food will do for a horse. In another month or so he should be fat enough to start working with. I can't wait. He's got such a  sweet personality...

All in all, a great weekend. Next weekend I'm at Farmer's... hope he's ready for the invasion of my laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment