Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sleep... Why hast thou forsaken me?

Happy Memorial weekend to you all. Shock of all shocks I have Monday off and so with the 3-day weekend I have decided to come visit Farmer and pester - I mean perk up - his life. Isn't that nice of me? Yeah, I thought so too...

Anyway, had a good day yesterday. Went for a walk in the morning. Trudged up the road twice to get Elmo from the corrals up there (forgot the halter the first time). Took Elmo out for a little bit of a ride. Watched all 3 "Bourne" movies back-to-back-to-back. By then I was pretty pooped and decided to turn in for the night.

I had been asleep for a couple of hours (I think) when all of a sudden I was being startled awake by the most god-forsaken sound... An elk was bugling throughout the house. Well, actually it was Farmer's ringtone for when something is going wrong with his irrigation system.

I have since found out it went off at 2am, 3:48am, 3:50am, 3:54am and 6:02am. What it felt like though is - almost back asleep... nope, never mind. Wide awake again.

Ah, the joys of the farmer's life. It is now 9:48am and Farmer still has no idea what the problem is.

Oh, crap. Does that mean I'm in for a repeat tonight? I hope not. That would make me very sad... It's a damn good thing that Farmer's company is worth being bugled out of bed for.

No comments:

Post a Comment