Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The winner's circle...

On Saturday, Hutch and I decided to go to the local "Fat & Fuzzy" horse show. By the way, the "Fat & Fuzzy" refers to the horses... not us. Just thought I should clarify.

We signed up for 9 classes and made a day of it. In the morning was English classes. I borrowed a close contact saddle and bridle from Hutch and Flash looked very dashing. And considering I hadn't been in a proper English saddle in about 6 years I didn't do too badly. We took a couple 3rds, a 4th, and a 6th.

Later in the day, we switched to Western and Flash and I did much better. We actually took a first in a Western Equitation class. I was totally blown away because there were some quality horse and riders in that class and showing is not our forte...

We had a good time though. I'm hoping that Hutch's hub got some photos I can share with you. I'll keep pestering her for them...

No comments:

Post a Comment