Monday, March 26, 2012

A finely tuned machine...

Why, yes. Yes I am...

We are exactly 1 month away from the first race of the season. Flash is coming along great and is training well with lots left in the tank when we get back. I've been riding about 20-25 miles a week and doing a lot of interval work which seems to be the way to go. 

The only downside? It is now coming Spring and Flash insists on shedding enough hair to form a Yeti.

Round 1 of trying to get all the loose hair...

Round 2...

The "finished" product...

Although he is still quite hairy. Let's just say that during the shedding season I try to avoid fleece at all costs.

This weekend Flash and I did a quick 5 mile ride on Saturday. Then I proceeded to tackle the camper. I forgot how much crap the Ex-hub had in there. It took me about 3 hours to actually get it unloaded and all of his crap stacked in my little shed off the deck. He's coming next weekend to pick it up.

After all the hauling and stacking I was too tired to actually get into the cleaning part, so instead I took myself out to sushi. PT has been MIA lately so I went alone. And it was delicious!!

On Sunday, I met up with Hanna (that I met on the endurance FB page). She has a 6-year-old Arab that is just starting to get the hang of endurance. Hanna's daughter also came along riding a tank of a Mustang appropriately named Frank. We had a good time. Well, Flash and I had a good time anyway. Vanna and Hanna spent most of the ride dancing and prancing (oh yeah, I remember those days). But Flash could have cared less. Which was great to see because we've been doing most of our training alone and it was good to know that he would behave even around other horses that might not be.

Man, I love my  horse :)

Hopefully Hanna and Vanna will come and ride with us again. It was a lot of fun having someone to talk to on the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment