Monday, March 19, 2012

When good wind goes bad...

It was a crazy weekend. Well, maybe "crazy" isn't the right word. Quick. It was a quick weekend.

It started out with a long day on Friday. A lot of changes are happening at work. Good things, so far. Things I'd like to discuss, but can't. But I will let you know what's going on when I can.

After that it was off to the doctor for a 2nd opinion on my options for bad cramps. I'm not having kids and I really don't want to have to deal with crazy pain every single month for the next decade. The first doctor I saw wanted to do a partial hysterectomy (which I am not against) but I wanted to get a 2nd opinion and see if there were any less-drastic options. Turns out there is. So tomorrow I will be getting an ultrasound to make sure there aren't any unseen problems going on then I will be having a quick little procedure the following week and I am set. No pain. No periods. CAN'T WAIT!! In fact, I'm sure when it's done I will be kicking myself for not getting on this sooner...

On Saturday I took a quick ride on Flash and then it was time to pack up the dogs in the truck and head to Farmer's place. The drive up to his place was great. I had a stiff tailwind that kept my gas mileage up and made for a quick trip.

And the rest of Saturday was a pretty pleasant day, as well. We ate some very good steak (freshly butchered out his personal herd) and chatted the night away. It was good to catch up again.

On Sunday it was time to deal with the camper...

The truck sans camper...

Success!! The truck and camper are reunited...

Of course, it didn't just hop on by itself. It took some effort to get that camper on the truck. By the time it was loaded I had bruised hands, a wicked scratch and bruise on my thigh, a bruise on my shin and I was covered head to toe in dust. However, there were no rodents to be seen. Yay!!

Then it was time to head back home. At Farmer's place there was no wind so I figured I'd have a pretty decent drive back to my place...

Wrong.

First the wind started.

It's windy out here mom...

Hurry up so we can get back in the truck...

Then the weather started to turn nasty.

Heading into the storm...

Snow falling hard and fast...

And did I mention the wind? It was windy. Very. Windy. And coming straight at me for most of the drive. Needless to say, my gas mileage was much worse heading home than it was heading to Farmer's. 

*grumble, grumble*

After I got home I took Flash out for another quick ride and then it was time for food, shower and a nap. 

I forgot to mention that I got a new mattress on Friday, as well. I love it. I couldn't wait to take a nap. And it was a good nap. I didn't get up again until around 8pm. At that point it was time to feed the critters and round up my doggie charges.  I'm pup sitting for the next few days.

DD was thrilled to be sleeping over...

She settled right in...

Noelle was less-than-thrilled to have DD spending the night 
and trying to share her doggie bed...

Bosco was just confused. So he did what any confused dog would do.
He pooped in my bedroom... 

And seemed to have no shame about it...

No shame what-so-ever...

At least when I got up this morning there were no more presents for me. Hopefully tonight will go a little smoother than last night.

Either way, it's going to be an eventful week...

No comments:

Post a Comment