Monday, July 19, 2010

The big picture...

Ex-hub is getting ready to move back to Oregon, which has gotten me thinking about my journey over the last 20 years... but the last 2 in particular.

I thought that when I met him I had found my other half... that he completed me.

Now I know I had it wrong.

I think when you find the one who is a soul-mate (I know, I hate this term too... but just go with it for now) that they are not your other half. You, by yourself, are a complete picture. But when you meet the right one and you come together, it's like the 2 individual pictures, once joined, make a bigger and more complex picture.

I think part of my problem is that I've never been my own complete picture. But I'm getting there... piece by piece.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't have said that better myself. Now the trick is to find someone who really appreciates the whole you.

    ReplyDelete