Friday, July 30, 2010

Things on my mind...

Let's start with Flash. I went out and took some pics of him last night so I could do comparisons. I'm having a hard time seeing any change in him right now, which is a bummer.

Not only do I have my own guilt to deal with, but the neighbor up the road felt compelled to stop by and tell me how horrible I am for starving my horse (he was standing knee-deep in hay as we were speaking). I tried to explain to this person all that I have been doing to try to figure out why he is losing weight so rapidly, but none of that seemed to matter. In the end, I ended up in tears and he walked away threatening to call the ASPCA. On top of that, Flash didn't finish his grain. It was not a good night.

So, here are the pictures... let me know if you see a difference. I'm too close to it to really see anything at this point.

Last week...
This week...
Last week...
This week...


OK, on to the next thing on my mind... the house.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad the house is sold and that I don't have to worry about how the mortgage was going to get paid, are the renters going to trash the place, etc., etc. 

On the other hand, that was kind of like my savings. I put so much into our first house, which allowed us to buy this house and now it is sold and I made... nothing. My savings (and any hope, thereof) is gone. Not only that, but the last tie to ex-hub is also severed... and that is making me kind of sad, as well. Not because I want that type of relationship back... but it is still sad. 

It's like I'm mourning that break-up all over again. 

I'm in a funk.

Normally, when I'm in a funk I ride. But I have a sick horse, so no riding. 

Somehow I will need to just pull out of this one on my own. Wish me luck...

2 comments:

  1. I can see I know nothing about horses. Flash looks fine to me. How rude of the neighbor to tell you that you are abusing your horse. What an idiot!

    I do hope Flash gets on top of this soon - and you too. I hate it when I'm in a funk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both photos look great, you should have seen Leo. But I see more fillage in the rear belly area. He will never have as much bulk as a qh, and will always have those slab sides. I know.

    ReplyDelete