Friday, July 16, 2010

Strike one...

I went to check out a place last night that was advertising for a roommate.

The ad read:
Room for Rent... lookin for Cool/laid back person to rent room... seperate entry & parking... share kitchen & bath... Serious only please Tweekers need not apply text /call me at XXX-XXXX chaz


I know, not the most ringing endorsement for a place to rent, but the separate entrance and parking was kind of intriguing... and I'm trying to keep an open mind.


As I was driving to my destination, when I first turned onto the road I was pleased. The houses were nice and well kept. As I kept driving up the street I must have crossed the virtual railroad because all of a sudden the houses were starting to look like this:


Are those banjos I hear in the distance?

There was garbage everywhere... 

Chaz tried to explain all the garbage away by saying that they had just had a garage sale. The place looked like it needed to be condemned. At one point I lost Noelle in and amongst the garbage.

After digging her out, we left... rapidly.

I am trying to keep an open mind, but I seriously think that all varieties of hepatitis were co-mingling on that property. Thanks, but no thanks. I'm not up-to-date on my shots... Plus the chickens next door looked seriously rabid.

So the search continues... I'm hoping the next one is at least more sanitary.

No comments:

Post a Comment