Monday, July 12, 2010

CPSL and other things that annoy me...

I find it fascinating when grown men (well into their 60's) can't conduct themselves like an adult.

CPSL (crazy pot-smoking landlord) was gone for a few days. When he hadn't come back on the 1st, I decided to wait and give the check directly to him because the other "adults" that live there are seriously suspect. So, when I arrived home after 9pm on the 2nd I saw that his van was now there... and in my parking spot. I figured he was using that closer spot to unload his van, so I didn't worry about it and just parked across the street and went inside and went to bed.

The next morning when I left for work, no one was up yet in that household. When I got home from work that afternoon he was still in my parking spot... plus he had left a note in my door saying:
You need to stop putting illegal stuff in the recycling bin. They are threatening to stop my service. Rent was due on the 1st.

Technically, my rent is not late until after the 4th of the month... by his own paperwork. And, I don't use his recycling bin. I take it to work and dump it there. And he was still in my parking spot. So you can understand why I was a bit miffed when I went to drop the check off. I explained to him (in small words, so he could understand through the pot-haze) that I didn't use the recycle bin and that if their service was in jeopardy then it was their own (damn) fault. I also pointed out to him that I had from the 1st until the 4th to pay my rent, by his own paperwork. Understandably, he really didn't have much to say on those 2 subjects.

I then asked him if he was planning on moving his van out of my parking space. He replied: well, now that you've paid the rent I'll go ahead and move it. I turned around, walked right up to him, looked down at him (he's a short, silly thing) and said: what are you? 5 years old?

I mean, really... so, what? If I didn't pay the rent you were going to *gasp* park in my spot? By the way, I have paid first and last so even if I just gave you notice I'm still paid for the month.

Apparently that thought hadn't occurred to him. I swear, the idiocy of people sometimes astounds me.

Needless to say, I'm still looking for a new place... 

No comments:

Post a Comment