Thursday, July 15, 2010

Does "roommate" = bad idea?

Due to very unfortunate financial circumstances (think IRS... why is it that they go after the little people like you and I for a few bucks when they can go after the big corporations and make it worth their while? Eh, another blog entirely I suppose...) I have been considering other options for my housing situation.

Like, renting a room vs. renting an entire place. I'm thinking this would give me at least a few hundred more dollars of disposable income per month, which would be great in allowing me to catch up on some things that I am behind on. However, there are always problems that can arise when 2 people are trying to cohabitate.

Pros:
Way cheaper on the pocket book... like 1/2 the price of what I'm paying for rent now.
Split the cost of utilities.
Not living alone... someone to converse with.

Cons:
Having someone always in your space. Hey, that's kinda like marriage... hmmmmmm....
The risk of moving in with someone crazy. Yes, crazier than me, I mean. And, yes, this has happened to me in the past... again, another blog.
If they are a pig, that could be a problem. I say "could be" because it's a 50/50 chance that I might be the offender.
Stuff not getting paid because they can't cough up their side of the bills.

I'm going to check out a place tonight. I guess I'll see what kind of vibes I get on the whole thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment