Monday, June 4, 2012

Drama is better left on a stage...

Or in the movies.

Either way, I'm not digging it in my life. With drama comes complications. And with complications comes claustrophobia. And with claustrophobia comes the need to flee and go to high places. That's what Saturday night's post was all about. I needed to get away...

I'm still feeling it... (maybe I'll unhook the trailer and just take the camper somewhere for the weekend to decompress)

But I'm starting to eliminate some of the drama that is making my life so complicated.

The work drama is here to stay for a while, unfortunately. We are in a transition period and the drama created by that is outside of my control. In other words, it is what it is.

However, personal drama can be nipped in the bud and I have taken steps to do so. I have worked hard to make my life simple and happy and it's hard not to get sucked back down in to the never-ending cycle of dysfunction that some people seem to thrive in. But I let those people know that I am not able to go to that place with them. I've worked hard to not be there and I refuse to go back. Period. For the most part they have seemed to understand where I'm coming from, which is good because losing friends over stuff like this is its own set of complications.

Several concerned friends checked in to make sure I was OK and that it wasn't them causing the drama. I appreciate that... and let them know it was not them but others causing the issues. Man I am lucky to have such great friends. Very lucky. And a special shout-out to Farmer. The last post was not about him but about how our break-up (and the complications that came with it) made me feel. I am very lucky to still have him as one of my very best friends.

Having said all that, the weekend was still pretty decent. Not as restful as I was hoping for but still pretty good.

Friday night, Hutch and I got out for a good training ride. Both horses ran well and Leo behaved himself wonderfully. Flash had a pretty bad spook at the end of the ride that really wrenched my back. Time to go see a chiropractor and get a massage, I'm thinking. It's still bugging me today...

Saturday, Mags and I moved Dusty (her horse) and Goodwin to Spits pasture that he so graciously offered to let us use. 7 acres of irrigated pasture for no charge? Yes, please!!

Um, can you say "happy horses"?
 (Goodwin on the left. Dusty on the right.)

We did have to put up a bit of fence to keep the horses off of an old burn pile that had a lot of nasty stuff in it. Let me tell you, it's times like when I'm pounding t-posts that I really miss having free labor around. I have a feeling I'm going to really miss it again when I have to stack hay again, too...

*sigh* 

I also attempted to waterproof the camper. Last time it rained I noticed that it was still leaking around the vent so I got up there on Saturday to see what I could see (and add some more silicone sealant). I didn't fix the leak (checked it this morning after a night of rain and there was still a leak... GRRRR) and managed to smoosh my finger trying to get back off the roof of the camper. Talk about a fail...

Ouch...
(so the ground is in focus but my finger isn't... OK iPhone, whatever)

At least no stitches were needed. I hate needles. Hate. Abhor. Am scared to death of. Not happening. Today it's all red and swollen (not infected... nobody panic) and the joint hurts, but it still works well enough. I guess that means I'll be getting up there again to see if I can find the f*(&^#$ leak. Hopefully no digits will be lost in the sealing up of the camper.

Sunday morning I did a training ride with VH and DeWayne, the bobble-head horse. VH's main endurance horse got injured at the Mt. Adams ride and is on the way to recovery (after a huge vet bill... UGH) so she's decided to ride her kid's horse in the 30 at Sunriver. Dewayne did great but he is a very funny horse. When he looks at something intently his head waggles back and forth like a bobble-head. I know you think I'm making this up, so the next ride I do with those 2 I'm totally taking video. Plus, I wish I had had my video camera out when VH tried to get DeWayne to cross a puddle. A very small puddle. This is the horse that plows in to the canal in front of me in that little video I posted a few weeks ago. But the puddle almost unhinged him... poor, poor bobble-head.

And then when we got back to the trailer he absolutely refused to load. Finally we got him in, but obviously he doesn't like to travel alone. Might be a rough race for DeWayne at Sunriver...

Sunday afternoon was spent hauling Flash and Storm out to a trailhead by Black Butte for Random Exploration Sunday. Plus Shield's friend was going to give Storm a try and she if she wanted to lease. 

On Gobblers Nob...

Beautiful meadow that Flash really wanted to check out (and graze in)...

Mostly the ride was awesome. Beautiful views and such. Somewhere along the way it got a little weird. But still a nice ride. Then it got downright crazy. People were saying crazy things and then everyone was just kind of heading their separate ways. Flash was bewildered. Storm was downright bored. I was just confused. It all ended up fine in the end, however. And it seems Storm will hang out with me for a while more.

Don't bother me. It was a long day...

Anyway... it was a good, but somewhat weird, weekend. I still need to do a post about our exploration of Lost Lake and our hike up Black Butte. I'm hoping to get to that this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment