Monday, June 11, 2012

An expected unexpected weekend...

I had a whole list of things going on this weekend: a couple of training rides, the rodeo, meeting up with Ex-hub to sort some paperwork before he moves... you know, the basics.

I did do everything on my list. It's just that everything was more unexpected than I expected it to be.

On Friday night I met up with TC to watch Pale Rider (I love Clint Eastwood).

On Saturday morning I got together with Shield and her new horse Raven and we did a fun 10 mile ride with some trot thrown in. Raven was really good (except for a minor incident at the mounting block) and both horses had a good time.

Then it was time for laundry. I personally hate the laundromat. Hate. It. But it does allow me to do 6 loads at one time, which is nice. After sweating it out there it was home to shower and change and get ready to go to the Sisters rodeo. I was joining VH, her boyfriend DT (who is also my blacksmith and who still needs to put new shoes on Flash... hint, hint) and two of VH's high school friends who were up (or down... not sure where they were from) visiting. The rodeo was standing room only and was awesome, but cold. VH, DT and I were dressed appropriately. The 2 friends, not so much. They froze their butts off.

Notice VH and I in our hats. We were prepared...

After the rodeo we decided to go to the after-party at Bronco Billies. It was a crazy party... and I mean crazy. Capital C. Fights broke out. People got ejected. Much dancing was done. Asses were groped (by people not in my age bracket). The 2 friends got really, really drunk (one had to be carried out, basically). DT pouted (and only danced when forced). But VH and I had a great time.

The band...

The very drunk crowd...

I think I got home at around 2am. Late night for me...

On Sunday I had to be up early and drive down to Sweet Home to see Ex-Hub and sort some paperwork out before he moves to Boise. While there we decided to do our Random Exploration Sunday and check out the Foster Dam. It was pretty cool...

The lake side of the dam...

Noelle checking out the sites...

The dam road...

The river side of the dam...

Ex-Hub walking up to the view point...

The water rushing down from the lake side...

The old dam road...

An osprey that was *not* pleased about the dogs under her nest...

Daisy and Noelle cooling off and grabbing a drink...

It was good to see him again. We chatted for a few hours, had lunch and then parted ways. He's off to Boise on his new job adventure and I wish him luck.

I got home at about 4:15pm, got changed, loaded up the horse and then headed out for a training ride with VH, her friend and Hutch. We planned on doing around 15 miles. Unfortunately, we had a little but of a navigational error and ended up doing more like 20. But all the horses handled it easily and we had a fun ride. 

Hutch and I have made the decision to go for 50 miles at the race in Sunriver next weekend. I'm nervous but really excited too!! Wish us luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment