Monday, August 17, 2009

Get 'er done...

I was lamenting to Farmer the other night about getting screwed out of a car sale.

A woman called on the phone last Saturday looking for a particular jeep. I didn't have exactly what she was looking for, but I had something that might work instead. She made an appointment to come in and see it the following Monday.

The car I had that might work was on the lot in Walla Walla. My boss lives up there and commutes down and said that he would drive the car down on Monday morning so it was here when they showed up bright and early. I texted him the car info so he would have it when he went to get it on Monday.

So Monday comes and BossMan is running late. In the meantime, my customers have showed up and are anxious to see the car. Then BossMan pulls in... in not the car that he should have been driving. WTF? When I asked him where the car is, he said he couldn't remember which one it was... Then call me, you idiot.

So, my customers are pissed that I didn't deliver and left. Later I found out that they ended up driving to Walla Walla and buying the car there. So, it could have been a sale for me, but instead the money will be lining someone else's pockets.

And when I told Farmer this, he just looked at me and said "You should have gone and got the car yourself". At first this pissed me off. I mean, c'mon. I was looking for reinforcement of my (what I thought) was justifiable rage. Instead I got common sense. Who the hell wants that when I'm ranting about how I got screwed. But now I see that he is right. I know he would have got it done. And it's a trait that I really admire about him.

So from now on I'm taking the bull by the horns and getting 'er done...

PS... I feel like crap today and am now going to make my way home and crawl into bed... I hate this time of the month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment