Thursday, August 27, 2009

To resume or not to resume? That is the question...

So, I've been working at the dealership for almost a month now. I got my first paycheck (whoo hoo) and was so happy to have money in my bank account again. I can now release Farmer's credit card back into the wild... thanks, babe!! Couldn't have survived the month without you!!

Anyway, as you might imagine, the car business is VERY slow right now. So slow, I'm wondering if I'll have a job much longer? After all, we only have 17 cars on the lot right now and that includes used cars. And as I am in a Chrystler dealership and they won't be starting production on any new cars until October, I'm a little worried as to what we will have for inventory over the next few months. Also, I'm not super jazzed about the hours. It's a tough schedule with only 2 nights off at 5pm (I'm here at 8:30am and off at 7pm) and my days off are split up. So with all my free time I've been applying to other places.

Does this seem like a bad idea? Farmer's opinion was to ride this out for a few months and get some money in the bank. I am totally for this idea. Money in the bank is a good thing. However, I'm concerned about being let go without any notice and being in the same position again. Although, I think I could handle it better without the BC interfering with my brain... but I don't want to risk it.

I was thinking of trying to find something I'll really like with hours that don't completely suck. I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing... applying to things that look good and keep coming to work until they lock me out.

1 comment:

  1. It is always easier to get a job when you already have one. HR departments really look long and hard at someone who is unemployed. They shouldn't, but they do - the thought is that the employed person is more valuable than the unemployed one. BOL

    Love your blog - I can TOTALLY relate to the no sex thing. I was with my hubby for nearly 10 yrs - the last 5 years we did not have sex even once. Nicest guy in the world - just didn't want sex.

    ReplyDelete