Tuesday, December 8, 2009

How much I is TMI?

I know this will come as a complete shock for some of you, but I'm going to go ahead and put it out there anyway... I can be a blunt person *gasp*

I know, I know. My mother swears that when filters were being handed out in heaven I chose to go and play with my friends. I don't know... apparently it just didn't seem that important to me at the time. And to be honest, I still don't really think there is a need. Oh, occasionally I will say something that will make all those around me gasp in horror... but those times are becoming more and more infrequent.

So, one of two things is happening:
1. I am becoming more careful in what I say (yeah, right)
or
2. People are just getting more and more used to TMI.

I suspect in my case I can thank number 2. I suspect this tolerance of TMI has come about because of the wonderful world of FaceBook. I can log on at any time and get the status updates from hundreds of my closest friends... and these people have NO problem saying whatever is on their minds. Seriously.

Case in point... I'm looking through it right now and a current status is: Bigfoot encounter in Wahkiacus, WA. 3:00 am, dogs going crazy, horses galloping like mad in the corral. Stepped outside to smell the fowlest smell I had ever smelled. I was being watched...

I'm telling ya... these people will just put it out there.

But then you have those that don't give you enough I. They hold things back that they definitely should be saying right up front. For instance... I have a friend, Wildflower, who was dating this guy for a few months. Things were going great. She was a little concerned because they were kind of in different places. She has a steady job, he's just now starting back to school... but she was really enjoying his company and thought that it could really go somewhere when he got his life figured out.

So, she ran into the friend that set them up a few days ago. This friend asked Wildflower how things were going. Wildflower explained that it was good but that she wasn't sure about being in such different places, because she was ready to settle down, get married and have kids. So the friend stops in her tracks and turns to Wildflower and says "you know he can't have kids, right?".

Um, NO!! Wildflower was NOT aware of this little fact. Come to find out, he not only had had a vasectomy, he also already had 2 kids from a previous relationship... WTF? How do you manage to not mention that once in the 5 or so months you have been together?

Of course, Wildflower did the only thing she could... she dumped the bum.

Good for you, girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment