Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A sad day...

My good friend Wildflower lost her ex-lover/best friend yesterday. And because she and I are like twins, always thinking and feeling the same things, my heart breaks for her. I have only felt what she is feeling to a small degree and I know how the bone-crushing grief can be overwhelming, barely allowing you to breathe.

And just when you think you might get your head above the ocean of sorrow, the smallest thing pulls you back down again. I want to hug her and tell her it will eventually all be OK. Not better... it will never be better. After all, he is gone from this world. But, with time, it will be OK. The grief will be replaced by happy memories. Instead of incredible sadness when she thinks of him there will be joy that she got to have him in her life for that brief period of time... and experience comfort knowing that he is now watching over her (and I am CERTAIN that he is).

Wildflower was there for me on one of the darkest days of my life... I am so very sad that I cannot return the favor.

I love her and am thinking of her...

No comments:

Post a Comment