Friday, January 7, 2011

Why can't crap just work?

Seriously. Why?

Don't get me wrong, I like my new place. But it has issues... serious issues.

First: the floor is like a fun house. But I knew that going in and am (for the most part) OK with it. But I just wanted to mention it because it is a good workout getting from one side of the house to the other...

Second: the kitchen faucet didn't work. For the first 2 weeks I was there every time you turned on the kitchen faucet it sounded like the pipe was about to pound it's way through the floor. Not a good sound when you're trying to do dishes. Fixed now. But took a while...

Third: the bathroom sink wouldn't drain. Finally this week an actual plumber came out to see what the problem was after both RR and the landlord failed to get it working. In fact, after the landlord's attempt to clear the drain it was actually worse, not better... and he destroyed one of my fluffy white towels cleaning up the mess he made. No apology for the loss of the towel. No mention of it at all. I just came upon it whilst cleaning up the laundry room a day later. That really pissed me off. It's not like I don't have dog paw towels laying all over the damn house. Couldn't he have picked one of those? Did it have to be one of my good towels? Really? OK, rant over. Drain is now fixed. Towel is a complete loss and has joined it's siblings in the dog towel pile.

Forth: the leaky cold water spigot for the washing machine. Fixed now, but made a good mess until then.

Fifth: faulty breaker for the dryer. I can't run my dryer on the hot temp because every time I do it flips the breaker switch... which, of course, is conveniently located outside. Seriously. Who built this *$&%*&$ place anyway?

And the final insult last night: the hot water heater is complete crap. I put in a load of wash at 7pm. I used warm (not even hot) water to wash that load. When I got in the shower at 9pm the hot water lasted exactly 5.32 minutes. Just enough to wash my hair and attempt to get the conditioner out whilst screaming at the top of my lungs as the water turned ice cold.

I really felt like crap last night and all I wanted was a hot shower. Is that too much to ask? Really? I just want shit to work. I am tired of calling the landlord... am I'm sure as hell sure he's tired of hearing from me.

Just work. Please...

4 comments:

  1. And now it seems the hot water heater is kaput... only got 5 minutes of hot water out of it today. ARG!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah, wah, wah.... You're almost 40, you should know better than to NOT BUY WHITE TOWELS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I wanna have white towels, then I can have white towels!!

    (stomps off in a huff)

    ReplyDelete