Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Breaking the stalemate...

What stalemate you ask? The one where you call or text or email the ex first. 

I gotta be honest. I don't want it to be me...

Maybe I'm being kinda dumb, but my reasoning goes something like this:

He broke my heart. I didn't break his... 


He should be the one to reach out first and see how things are. It's the least he could do after completely trashing my poor heart. Plus, even though I need to go round up some odds and ends from his place, I'm just not ready. Yet. Maybe in a few more days. I do want to be friends, but I shouldn't have to be the one to pursue that friendship. If he wants it, it's up to him to make it happen.

Am I being stubborn? Probably. Do I care? Not really...

And though it's been tempting to reach out, I just have to remember how it felt that night and the feeling passes quickly. I refuse to be like his former ex and act like a spoiled 5-year-old. I'm better than that. Really.

Too bad he just couldn't see it...

No comments:

Post a Comment