Friday, February 10, 2012

Random encounters...

Sometimes you end up somewhere and you just wonder "how the hell did I get here?"

I had one of those last night. HillBill gave me a call around 7pm to see if I wanted to do dinner. We texted back and forth and couldn't figure out where to go, so we just drove downtown and ended up at a dive bar called Corey's.

As with most dive bars, it had its share of local drunks. HillBill and I sat at the end of the bar and just basically minded our own business until Pat showed up and sat down next to me. He was three sheets to the wind and whining loudly about how his girlfriend was down in Mexico cheating on him... he was sure of it.

Friendly (and sometimes not-so-friendly) banter ensued. He bought my dinner and bought a round of drinks. HillBill and I laughed our butts off. It was good to get out of the house.

Thanks Pat. It was an unexpected laugh. And I needed that...

No comments:

Post a Comment