Friday, February 17, 2012

Moving on...

Last night I had dinner with Rebel. He had something to tell me and wanted to say it in person.

He is moving to Central America. For good. Not coming back (unless to visit). Moving...

He has sold everything (and gave me his washer/dryer) and has a few things to store at his sister's place. But everything else that doesn't fit into a suitcase is gone. House, shop, truck, trailers, toys. Everything. Gone. And he looked so excited and happy while he was telling me about his grand plan that I couldn't be anything but happy and excited for him. But I will miss him...

The other nice thing about dinner last night was that I was able to get a few of the endless questions answered. And I feel a lot better about the break-up. So even though I was hesitant to accept his dinner request, I am glad I went. I think we will continue to be friends...

And if nothing else, I have a place to stay when I vacation down South of the Border...

I must say, there is a small part of me that envies him. Just leaving everything behind and starting over somewhere completely different has a certain draw. But I love where I live and I love my fur kids. So even though it is a nice dream, that is what it will stay. A dream. 

For now...

No comments:

Post a Comment