Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Holy shit...

I swear to god, sometimes when it rains, it just pours. And today is one of those days.

First, I heard back about the job I was hoping to get. They said they would let me know today. At 4:24pm, I got an email stating that they had decided to offer the position to another candidate... but would I still want the job if they weren't interested? WTF?? Why the hell are you telling me you gave it to another person if you don't even know yet if they've accepted your offer? Seems like really bad business practice to me. But what do I know? After all, I didn't get the job. Correction: I wasn't their first choice. Maybe I'll still have a shot if Candidate #1 decided to turn them down. In this economy, I'm thinking not. So... back to the pooper snooper. *sigh*

And now for the big WTF today...

I was down in Eugene helping my brother move some stuff back to my parent's house today. As I was driving home, I got a call from an Idaho number. At first, I didn't realize who's number it was... and then it dawns on me. It's the Biologist (I had deleted him from my phone book like a month ago).

I didn't answer. I decided to let it go to voice mail so I could see what this was all about. I was thinking that perhaps he had gotten wind of this blog and was pissed that I called him such an epic failure. We do have mutual friends that read this and might have let slipped what I really think about the whole thing. Wouldn't that just be a hoot?

So I listen to the voice mail and he's saying how things are going for him and asking how I'm doing and give him a call sometime. The whole time he's got this tone in his voice like NOTHING has transpired between us. For the record, keep in mind that I did text him that I missed him in a moment of weakness... to which I got - NO RESPONSE.

Who the hell does he think he is? Like he can just insert himself back in my life in any way that he wants. What am I? Stupid? Do I look like I just fell off the turnip truck yesterday? I wouldn't tolerate that bullshit then, and I'm certainly not going to give it the time of day now.

Swear to god, men have some sort of radar that can pinpoint the EXACT time that you get completely over them... and then, Whaalaa - there they are showing up on your voice mail at the most inappropriate times... acting like nothing happened. How do they do this? Is this another one of those things that is in the man handbook?

If I knew of any unscrupulous people, I would call them this instant and have them go break his knee-caps!! Farmer offered to do it on is way to St. Anthony (in SE Idaho)... I'm seriously giving it some thought. Seriously. My gut instinct says that whoever he was cheating on me with finally got smart and kicked him to the curb as well.

But I've decided to give him back exactly what he gave me... nothing.

3 comments:

  1. Hell, there goes the plan for Idaho now that its blabbed all over the net....:) so much for anonymity....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... come on Farmer. I'm pretty sure he's not reading this, so you've got a good shot of running him down.

    How much did you want for that service again? LOL

    ReplyDelete