Sunday, June 7, 2009

The simple life...

A good friend and I went horseback riding yesterday and today. If you have followed this blog, then you know I have 3 horses that are currently residing in said friends' pasture (thank you very much... you're a life saver).

As Flash and I were moseying down the canal road, all of a sudden the stress in my life completely disappeared. I could hear the birds singing and the gentle clip-clop of hooves on the dirt. The wind felt great in my face. At that moment, all in the world was peaceful.

What is it about viewing life from the back of a horse that instantly grounds me again? I think it's the matter of a slower pace... no distractions, nothing that needs to be done right away (except decide whether to ride to this horizon or that). And it's different things for different people. For me, it's a lifestyle that I have finally been able to embrace. I think because I did have to wait so long to have my own horses that it means so much more to me. And I think that bodes true for my friend as well... a far distant dream, finally realized (although he's been able to put together far more pieces of that dream than I have).

But it boils down to wanting a more simple life...

2 comments:

  1. I need that... I should go riding soon.

    I think I will tomorrow.

    Good idea.

    gonnabea10.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend it!! Did wonders for me :)

    ReplyDelete